[Story]: "My Testimony" by Lawal M. Aderonke - Chapter 1

Chapter 1




"Tiirin,tirin,tinrin". The timekeeper rang the bell for the last time. While I watched other students trooped out in 2's and 3's, my thoughts served as the glue that sticks my ass fastly with my seat. I resolved to soliloqusing:

"Why has life been so Unfair? Why is God being partial? Hhm! Today was kinda bad, oh my gosh!!! I failed all my tests despite how I read so hard by

waking up during the midnights to meet up with the classworks I missed.
God! For once, show me you care, save me from this ridicule, My dull performance is now the talk of the school.
Will you deny me promotion to S.S.3 again??? God!!! I bet i will....."

I stopped abruptly upon realising the fact that no threats can be carried against the so-called creator of men.

"How i wish,his authority could be called to question...".
"Aishat..." Someone called from behind.

"Who could that be??"

I asked myself as my eyes shifted slowly to the direction the call came from.

Then, my eyes met hers.The person there was sarah-someone i'm not proud of as a friend nor as an enemy-She was the last person my eyes wanted to behold. Perhaps, For some of those reasons, I'm not sure of.

"You're lost in thoughts, What's wrong???". Sarah broke the silence.
She had seen the look on my face, the questioning look which meant to ask why she was there.

"Nothing....ehm. Nothing is wrong. Just pouring my heavy heart to God." I voiced out; expecting her to take her leave but No! She seems to be inquisitive.
She moved closer to me and said:

"Aishat, can you confide in me??? I promise whatever we say here will remain a secret, provided you tell no one too".

"Of course, yes, but I only wanted to be alone." I frowned.

"But what??"

"Okay, take it easy; never mind, how was your test?"

**is she pretending? Is she here to make fun of me?? Or ...** I asked myself.

"Aishat, answer me or you have no answer to my question? ".

"Sarah, are you here to make jest of me? Tell me if you haven't heard from others that I failed?".

"Oh no! Don't think like that, you know I would not do such thing, I haven't been in school since. The principal took sewa and I to a career talk programme to represent the school. I only came back for fellowship. Remember, today is friday.....". She said in a calm tone.

"Well, I failed as usual, my fear now is if I won't repeat this session for the third time, I don't know".

"Don't be pessimistic; there is hope, when the mirror of life get dirty with the fog of reality, just try wiping it with your faith. You'll see the clear reflection of your diary once again."

"Really?"

"Yes, moreso, you failed tests not examinations. It doesn't matter, I'll just implore you to prepare hard. It's nothing to brood about"

That moment I wish she were me. She would then know better and save her sermon for another day.

"Aishat?"

"Hum, no matter how hard I try, my problems are always trailing behind, determined to supercede."

"And no matter how big your problem is, the Almighty is always there, call on the most high and He will amend your broken heart."

I looked at her scornfully- the look that suggests she should take her leave with no hesitation. How should I look unto someone who let Fate knocks me down everytime?.

She must have seen and interpreted my look. For all I care!

She said:
"Look Aish... we will talk better some other time, I'm late for fellowship now ..take care...huh?"

I mumbled reluctantly:

"Yes, thank you".

No comments

Lawal's Official Blog. Powered by Blogger.