University Of Ibadan Freshers Orientation: Did Google Really Cause Trouble?

vox populi vox Dei

Meaning that:  

"The voice of the people is the voice of God"

 With that,  now don't you think it would be disastrous when the voice of the people about you is OBNOXIOUS!   so as such I felt the need to clear the air concerning what is trending in UI which has caused brouhaha on campus and its diaspora.  Any hall of residence you enter on Ui campus today, the topic of the day would be about that guy that said GREATEST GBOGBO, GREATEST GBAGBA during the second day of the orientation  in fact the story would also be found with those that wasn't around on that second day.

"first impression last longer"*,they say.  With what happened that day, numerous things ran through the minds of the people  , like

"This guy must be a  thug"

"This guy would one day venture into politics on campus and as such , looking for recognition "

"This guy self too get mind πŸ˜’"

"Over sabi they worry this one o"πŸ˜‘

"Because we hail you the first day, na that one come give you liver abiπŸ˜’"


ETC.........


HMMMM.....  well,  even the Bible says

PEOPLE ATTACKS WITH INSULT ANYTHING THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND

so please if you are one of those that my deed during the second day of the orientation made you feel that I would turn out to be a political thug or "ALUTA CHIEF" then I beseech you to read this part open mindedly πŸ™

My name is

 OLUBUSADE

OLAMILEKAN

OLORUNJEDALO

PETER

 Fondly called GOOGLE I hailed from ondo  town in ondo state🌚  university of Ibadan had always be my dreamed institution to study Law and as such,  have been making lots of enquiries concerning the school. In fact,I have a jotter I wrote things about the school in. But one thing that is constant in what everyone told me was "UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN DOES NOT TOLERATE NONSENSE!" especially when you are a law student 😳 because any misconduct from a law student might put his/her studentship at stake and your law school would be in a serious jeopardy 😱

And despite how I craved for the school (UI), now that i'm finally admitted , should I ever involve in any form of misconduct ?

ORIENTATION DAY 1😁

Tuesday 21st of feb .,2017 was a joyous day for all freshers  of the university of Ibadan,  why?  It was the first day of our orientation after the long awaited resumption day.

I woke up early that day in other to sit at the front seat but unfortunately some people were there already,perhaps before 7am even when the program was meant to start by 9amπŸ˜‚.

And when finally all the students arrived at the conference hall,indeed it was an unforgettable symposium!!   After all the speakers had delivered their speech and it was time for questions & answers.  Infact I wasn't expecting that, but I like the fact that the management do not underrate students!😘

Many people raised their hands to ask questions 😁.

After many hours of presentations , and since I wasn't sleeping , shouldn't I ask any question?πŸ€” that was what I asked myself , and before I know it,I jumped to my feet and ran to the frontπŸ˜†
And behold when everyone had asked their questions and it was my turn 🌚. it goes like this THE VC, THE DVC , ALL MEMBERS OF THE HIGH TABLE AND MY FELLOW FRESHMEN , WITH DUE RESPECT I SAY GOOD MORNING πŸ™‡πŸ». First and foremost, I wanna say a big thank you to the management for making this day a reality and we promised that we shall uphold the appellation "....first and the best..." Sir, on getting to my  hall&room, I discovered that most things are missing ,like the sockets(Faulty) and even the bathrooms and toilets are nothing to write home about and some of the seniors made me realized that we have to fix them ourselves because even if we complain, it wouldn't be done! So sir, please help us see to that . Thank you. πŸ‘ˆ that was all I said.  But let me explain what I really meant by that because some students got it wrong that I was complaining about amenities even as a fresher , "se I won't become an ALUTA CHIEF NOW"πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ now what I really meant was that "the seniors told me that even if we complain and fill the complaint books,  if at all,the management will see to it,  it would take a while,  so what I now meant by all I said that day was "the issue that even if we complain,the management won't listen  and that was what I said should be looked into o"opari πŸ™" and some narrow-minded people still sit in two's and three's to discuss that "a fresher was complaining at the orientation "πŸ€” like I said earlier,  people attack with insult anything they don't understand. yet SOME PEOPLE STILL HAILED THAT DAY BECAUSE THEY UNDERSTAND 😁 I say THANK YOU😘

and everyone retired to their hostel
Anticipating the second day of the orientation 🌚

ORIENTATION DAY 2

let me first laughπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

This time around I woke up very early,maybe the punctuality prize could be mine 🌚.since the program will start around 9-10am I decided to go around 8am but you won't believe it,someone was already there (since 6:12am)☹ πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

And everything went well as usual πŸ’ƒ but this time more funfilled,perhaps,because we were given "biscuits and coke"πŸ˜‹ unlike the previous day that was gala only .πŸ™

πŸ˜†and the time for question came again πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†
And there is this question that has been bothering my mind and am sure every student wanted an answer to the same question but the students concentrated more on the scenario that happened and forgot to listen to my question that they might have benefited from.

Many people thought I came out the second day simply because I was hailed the first dayπŸ™.

Many students thought I have this kind of "too forwardness in me"πŸ™

"Many thought I have a political ambition and as such seeking for recognition" πŸ™

And many more......
let me skip my comments on for now

This time around I was the last person to ask question just like the previous dayπŸ€”.

And on getting to the podium, I discovered that most of the students are in a state of acedia and what could I do to gain their attention and also to bring their wandered minds back to the hall.......  And I decided not to follow the multitude just like I rebranded my salutation the previous day and made it different from everyone's own.  Meanwhile many of the speakers on that day started their speech with

"GREATEST UITES"

"GREATEST GBOGBO"

"GREATEST GBAGBA"
wish I discovered it lightens people's mood🌞

And I decided to start mine with that also.

But on saying

"GREATEST UITE"

"GREATEST GBOGBO"

"GREATEST GBAGBA" πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚

I was asked to dropped the MicrophoneπŸ€”  maybe probably I was misinterpreted to sound too rude.

Maybe because they weren't expecting that from a fresher

Maybe I sound political πŸ€”

Maybe I sounded like a tout πŸ€” and the likes...

But at last I was given the chance to ask my question  and this was my question - after my salutation ... SIR,  IT'S VERY OBVIOUS THAT SOME DEPARTMENTS HAVE STARTED LECTURES.IN FACT,WE LAW STUDENTS HAD A LECTURE YESTERDAY dURING THE ORIENTATION AND WHAT we HearD SIR WAS,  WE WOULD HAVE TO REGISTER OUR COURSES FIRST AND BEFORE WE Could REGISTER OUR COURSES,WE MUST PAY OUR SCHOOL FEE FIRST AND SIR,  NOTHING ABOUT SCHOOL FEES YET!

Ain't that a good question ??πŸ™

In fact after the program,some students came to me and thanked me for the question I asked.

 But it's so pathetic that  the issue of "A GUY CALLED GOOGLE SCATTERED THE HALL DURING THE SECOND DAY OF ORIENTATION" has become clichΓ© on campus which even the finalists that had nothing to do with orientation have known about it .

MY GENERAL POINT OF VIEW

First and foremost, my talk goes to the management,  I am very sorry iF my salutation to the student is that of a politician,  I know that my deed was misinterpreted to be that of an "ALUTA CHIEF" but sincerely speaking,I have no political ambition maybe for now,  and in fact if I later turn out to be a politician on campus I shall be a preacher of "PEACE"


my primary aim of being in this great citadel of learning is to study and come out in flying colours and in fact,  the scriptures says "study to show yourself approved" and that's my aim of being here and as I stepped on this campus my determination was I SHALL SUSTAIN AND PROOF ANY WHERE I FIND MYSELF THAT UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN IS THE FIRST AND THE BEST...

UI IS MY SCHOOL AND NEVER SHALL I DO ANYTHING TO TARNISH THE IMAGE OF THE SCHOOL NOR SHALL I INVOLVE IN WHAT WILL DENT MY OWN REPUTATION!


TO MY FELLOW FRESHMEN AND THE STUDENTS AT LARGE

I want to beseech those that misinterpreted my deeds to that of

"over sabi"

"Too forward"

"see him he one make name"😏

Etc...  I am earnestly sorry πŸ™

Am neither desperately seeking for names (there are lots of legal and respectable way to seek names)  nor am I in anyway a politician or a supporter of anyone,  I am from a home where culture have a place of high esteem which means respect for elders is paramount and even respect for everyone is generally a must! .

Am sure when we were all about leaving home our parents must have given us lots of advice and all that but one thing I keep remembering in what I was told before leaving home is *BE A GOOD BOY* πŸ™‚ and am ready to risk my last breath in other to sustain the "GOOD BOY" so please if any of you have any bad impression towards me concerning what happened during the second day of our orientation I implore you to change thatπŸ™
Never judge a book by it's cover

Never shall I be an

ALUTA PATRIOT"

A POLITICAL THUG

and never shall you fund me in any misconduct act!

BLESSED ARE THE PEACE MAKER FOR THEY SHALL BE CALLED THE CHILD OF GOD and I ever want to remain CHILD OF GOD😊

so please stop spreading what you don't understand and by so doing poison peoples mind towards meπŸ™

am a law student , MAN OF LAW, AND NEVER SHALL I GO AGAINST THE LAW!!!

Please help me preach the Gospel across the UI campus and it's diaspora that GOOGLE  is neither a thug nor ALUTA lover πŸ™ my action that day was just to lighten up people's mood,  had I know I would be misinterpreted I wouldn't have tried such.

And to all freshers,  just like I was told before i left home BE A GOOD BOY/GIRL

I pray that God see us through this school(university of Ibadan)😘.

My name remains

OLUBUSADE

OLAMILEKAN

OLORUNJEDA

PETER

A. K. A GOOGLE


Recte sapere fons......


1 comment:

  1. Nice story. Made me laugh��. In my uni, we say GREATEST GBO GBO
    GREATEST GBA GBA
    GREATEST GRA GRA.
    Its a normal tin gan��

    ReplyDelete

Lawal's Official Blog. Powered by Blogger.